E-Commerce is the buying and selling of products and services by businesses or consumers over the World Wide Web.
E-commerce can provide the following benefits over non-electronic commerce:
- Reduced costs by reducing labour, reduced paper work, reduced errors in keying in data, reduce post costs
- Reduced time. Shorter lead times for payment and return on investment in advertising, faster delivery of product
- Flexibility with efficiency. The ability to handle complex situations, product ranges and customer profiles without the situation becoming unmanageable.
- Improve relationships with trading partners. Improved communication between trading partners leads to enhanced long-term relationships.
- Lock in Customers. The closer you are to your customer and the more you work with them to change from normal business practices to best practice e-commerce the harder it is for a competitor to upset your customer relationship.
- New Markets. The Internet has the potential to expand your business into wider geographical locations.
- Grouping of Items
- Cropping of thumbnails
- Creation of Categories
- Link higher and lower sell items